Grasslands Biome Mini Unit
Grasslands Biome Unit
This set is suitable for ages 4-9. Please download the preview to get a closer look at the activities included.
1. Grasslands Non-Fiction Book: Features real photos and informational text. Terms in the book include: grassland, tall grass, short grass, savanna, threats, fire, drought
2. Grasslands Mini Book: A black and white clipart version of the non-fiction book. This can be used by students to make their own booklets.
3. Grasslands Around the World: Learn where the grassland biomes are located around the world with these 5-part cards.
4. Posters: Plants and Animals of the Grasslands: Use the posters for decoration or as a control for the plant and animal sorting mats.
5. Sorting Plants and Animals of the Grasslands: Sort the plants and animals onto the sorting mats. A cut and paste activity is also included.
6. Animals of the Grasslands 3-Part Cards: Use these 10 3-part cards for vocabulary development, matching, reading, and a variety of other early learning skills.
7. Adaptations Matching Cards: Learn how animals have adapted to life in the open grasslands by matching pictures and descriptions.
8. Grassland Animal Information Cards: 10 simple fact cards about grassland animals.
9. Writing/Conversation Prompts: Encourage creativity and reflective thinking with these cards featuring pictures and thought-provoking questions.